(updated June 30) Kentucky State Parks and the Kentucky Horse Park campgrounds reopened June 11, 2020 with the following restrictions in place through July 5, 2020:
- To limit interaction with staff, download prior to arrival and utilize the ReserveAmerica Camping app to check in once you arrive at your camping destination. The app is available in the Apple App Store and on Google Play.
- One bathhouse is open. The other will open on July 1.
- No primitive/tent or pop-up camping are allowed at this time. One tent is allowed if camping with a self-contained unit and set up on same site.
- No visitors are allowed in the campground or at your campsite.
- No playgrounds will be open.
- No pools or beaches will be open.
- Mini golf is open to campers with their own equipment. No fee will be charged but no equipment will be rented.
- CDC guidelines and social distancing must be practiced while on park.
- Masks are strongly encouraged in public areas or while in campground stores/booths.
- For more information, please visit https://parks.ky.gov/covid-19.
Starting July 6th:
All of the paved sites will be available for reservations
Walks-in will be welcome on paved sites only
Both bathhouses will be open
The basketballs courts are open for groups of 10 or less
The pavilion can be rented for groups of 50 or less
The campground store will be open Tuesday – Sunday (closed Mondays) 8 am to 6 pm
Check-in is after 2 pm. Check-out is before/by noon. We will resume check-ins at the store.
The first-come, first-served areas, primitive and primitive electric, will remain closed for now
The playgrounds, game room and swimming pool are closed
Current Campground Store Hours: Tuesday-Saturday, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm.
- Please use park grounds responsibly by following these guidelines:
- Do not use parks or trails if you are exhibiting symptoms;
- Be prepared for limited access to restrooms and water fountains;
- Maintain safe social distancing of the recommended six feet separation;
- Do not congregate in groups at parking lots, trailheads or golf courses;
- Avoid games that require close contact such as basketball and football; and
- Move to a different location to avoid crowds.
- Keep dogs on a leash at all times;
- Do not pet or feed the horses;
- Playgrounds are closed
- We understand that many plans have been changed due to the event being canceled/postponed. Campers can transfer their reservation by logging into their account on ReserveAmerica.com. If you are unable to transfer and need to cancel, the $10 cancellation fee and first-night stay fee (if applicable) will be waived. If you previously canceled your stay this month, you will automatically receive a refund.
- Kentucky 3-Day Campground Reservations:
If you have 2020 Land Rover KY 3 Day Event reservations, please cancel your reservations by logging on to your account on ReserveAmerica.com and make new reservations for the April 22-25, 2021 event. All fees, except the $6.00 transaction fee, will be refunded.
- At this time, we are only able to transfer reservations a calendar year out. If you wait to transfer your site in April 2021, you may find your site has been booked for 2021. We thank you for your understanding and patience and hope to see you next year!
STAYING AT THE CAMPGROUND - QUICK LINKS
Make your reservation now at Reserve America
or by calling Reserve America at (888) 459-7275.
- PLEASE NOTE
- New transaction fee notification: There will be a $6.00 transaction fee applied to all campground reservations effective 5-1-2018. This applies to walk-in reservations as well. This fee replaces the previous charge of $7.50 for reservations.
- During Southern Lights, only the D loop is open for camping. Campers can expect some delay in entering or exiting the campground from 5 pm - 11 pm every night during Southern Lights (November 18th - December 31st).
- Water is turned off at all sites from November through March but is available at dump stations.