SOUTHERN LIGHTS STROLL
Lace up, head out and help us turn on the lights!
The Kentucky Horse Park invites you to help us set the Holiday Season in motion as you join us for the 16th annual Southern Lights Stroll on Thursday, November 16th at 6:30pm (competitive 5K), 6:35pm (stroll/walk).
Imagine seeing the holiday lights on foot, set in the magnificent surroundings of the Kentucky Horse Park. This year we have teamed up with 3 Way Racing to provide chip timing for our competitive 5K race, complete with awards. Additional activities include complimentary Mini Train Rides and refreshments! Pre-registrations are encouraged!
SIGN UP ONLINE TODAY
SOUTHERN LIGHTS HOLIDAY FESTIVAL
A food drive for God’s Pantry and local animal shelters will be held in conjunction with this event. All participants are asked to bring non-perishable items to help the needy families and individuals of Central Kentucky and local animal shelters.
Shirts are limited to the first 1000 adults registered.
Children ages 7-12 will not receive a shirt unless they register as an adult.
Early packet pickup will be in the Visitor Information Center on the following dates:
- Monday, November 13, 2017 from 4-7 pm
- Tuesday, November 14, 2017 from 4-7 pm
- Wednesday, November 15, 2017 from 4-7 pm
New for 2017 - Southern Lights Stroll t-shirts available for purchase! See the Store tab on Race Sign Up page for details.
1. Where will the race be held? Kentucky Horse Park (KHP) at 4089 Iron Works Pike, Lexington, KY 40511, with separate Start and Finish lines near the Visitor's Center.
2. What time does the race start? The 5K race starts at 6:30 pm with the Stroll immediately after.
3. What time should I arrive? Please arrive at least one hour before the race start time.
4. Where will I park? Free parking is available in the Visitor Center parking lot.
5. Are restrooms available at the race venue? Yes, restrooms in the KHP visitors center will be open.
1. When does online registration close? Online registration will close on Monday, November 13, 2017 at 12:00 pm.
2. Can I register on race day? Yes! Race day registration will be available starting at 4:30 pm.
3. What do I get for my registration fee? Your race registration includes a race number (bib) with timing chip and a race shirt. Shirts are only guaranteed for the first 1000 adults that register. Children ages 7-12 will not receive a shirt unless they register as an adult.
1. When can I get my race shirt and race number? Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday November 13-15th, 2017 from 4-7 pm , and on race day starting at 4:30 pm. All pick up locations will be at the Kentucky Horse Park Visitor's Center.
2. Can I view a course map? Yes. Click the 5K Course Map tab on the left hand side of this page to view the course map.
3. Is the course totally on hard surfaces? Yes! The course is on the roads and asphalt/concrete paths in the KHP.
4. Is the course suitable for strollers? Yes. Pushing a stroller on this course will be allowed, but please line up behind the main running pack at the Start Line. Also, please be aware of oncoming runners and move to the side to allow them to pass if/when this occurs.
5. Can I walk the race? Yes! Walkers are welcome.
6. Can I bring my dog? Yes! Dogs on a fixed length leash are welcome. No retractable leashes please as they create a tripping hazard. You are responsible for picking up and disposing of waste.
1. Will the race be timed? Yes! The race will be timed by 3 Way Racing.
2. Will awards be presented after the races? Yes! Awards for the top 3 male and female finishers will be presented as soon as possible after the race. The overall awards will be based on the "gun time" of these finishers. Additionally, the top 3 male and female finishers in the following age groups will receive awards based on their "chip time". 14 & under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34,35-39,40-44,45-49,50-54,55-59,60-64,65 & over.
3. Can I find my finish time online? Yes! Please click here to view the race results.
CALL US: 859-255-5727, OR SEND US AN EMAIL: SOUTHERNLIGHTSKY@GMAIL.COM