Southern Lights Holiday Festival
Celebrating its 29th year at the Kentucky Horse Park, Southern Lights presented by Friends of Coal is a magical holiday tradition for thousands of families throughout the Bluegrass and beyond. See over a million twinkling lights from the safety of your car. Enjoy the return of the Holiday Village which promises to be brighter than ever! Featuring photos with Santa, Animal Land, model trains, and so much more, the Southern Lights Holiday Village is sure to delight guests of all ages.
Drive through the lights nightly, November 25-December 31 (Closed Christmas Day) from 5:30-10:00 pm. Avoid the hustle and bustle of the holiday season and check this item off your list by pre-purchasing your tickets!
Tickets purchased online in advance are $30 per carload.
Tickets purchased at the ticket booth are $35 per carload.
Kentucky Horse Park Foundation Trail Ride
Explore the Kentucky Horse Park at the Kentucky Horse Park Foundation Trail Ride on Saturday, June 3, 2023! Proceeds will support the KHP Tree Fund Initiative, to protect and expand the natural beauty of the Park. Guests of all levels, breeds and disciplines are invited to explore the Park grounds with their own horse for a $45 entry fee which includes access to the trails from 9 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- All riders must check-in at the registration tent before starting the trail.
- Negative Coggins test required.
- No galloping or jumping permitted.
- Riders can ride trail any time Saturday, June 3, 9am-4:00pm.
- Trail ride held rain or shine! (No refunds).
- Parking for the KHPF Trail Ride will be in the Alltech Arena Parking Lot. All riders must check-in at the registration tent before beginning the ride.
- Trails will be marked and a QR code with map will be available.
- Stabling unavailable for June trail ride.
Parking for the KHPF Trail Ride will be in the Alltech Arena Parking Lot. All riders must check-in at the registration tent before beginning the ride. Maps will be provided, although the trails will be marked and outriders will be on route to help with directions.
Riders can register online (form posted below) or at the Registration Tent day-of the event. Check-in will start June 3, 2023 at 8:30am. Registration is $45, credit/debit card via online registration form only. All proceeds go towards the Tree Fund Initiative to protect and expand the natural beauty of the Park!
READY TO GO? Register at the link below!