FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEContact: Mary Simons (859)533 8055
SAVE THE DATEThe Annual Spring Moneigh® - ReRun - eBay® Auction – “Homage to the Triple Crown/Triple Tiara Participants and Rising Stars”, hosted by Thoroughbred legends Cigar and Storm Cat.May 27 – June 3, 2012www.ebay.com search word Moneigh
A Moneigh® is an original, abstract painting, made by a horse, using whiskers, muzzle, tail, hoof, or paintbrush.
From May 27 to June 3, some of horse racing’s biggest names will show off their artistic talent when their paintings will be auctioned on eBay ® to raise funds for ReRun, Inc., a Thoroughbred retraining and adoption charity.
In addition to Cigar and Storm Cat, featured artists will include Kentucky Derby, Preakness and Belmont Stakes winners.
The Kentucky Horse Park is proud of the creative talent shown by Cigar along with 2 other Hall of Champion residents: Go For Gin won the 1994 KY Derby and was 2nd in the Preakness and Belmont. He currently is the oldest living KY Derby winner.Funny Cide won the 2003 Kentucky Derby and Preakness and was 3rd in the Belmont.
For more information, please contact Mary Simons at
or go to www.rerun.org.
CONTACT: Jessica Oldham Stith, High Hope Steeplechase: 859-967-9444;
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Lexington, KY, Friday, May 11, 2011 – The 45th running of the High Hope Steeplechase returns to the Kentucky Horse Park this coming Sunday, May 20th.
High Hope Steeplechase remains area horse lovers’ only chance to enjoy the beauty and excitement of live Steeplechase racing in a family fun ambience complete with activities and entertainment for all ages in a country fair setting.
Be sure to join us this year as High Hope Steeplechase and the Susan G Komen Foundation team up for the inaugural running of the Sportswomen’s Challenge Race for the Cure.
This will be a one mile flat race for lady riders and their trusted sport horses, each sponsored by and carrying the racing silks of many well-known local thoroughbred farms.
In addition to four top-tier jump races worth a total of $70,000 in purses, High Hope Steeplechase Day will also features great fun for the entire family, including:
• Kids’ Playground and Activities – including the annual kids Stick Horse Derby, face painting, clowns and much more.• Terrier Races• Equine Demonstrations• Tailgating• Great Food and Arts and Craft booths.
Also on High Hope Day… the 4rd running of the “Catch a Riding Star” flat race featuring student-jockeys currently enrolled in the North American Racing Academy. Launched in 2006 by the Kentucky Community and Technical College System under the guidance of Hall of Fame and two-time Kentucky Winning jockey Chris McCarron, NARA is now part of Bluegrass Community and Technical College.
NARA Graduates have gone on to win over 750 races and have purse earnings of over $10 million.
McCarron and many of the students will be on hand when High Hope Steeplechase is previewed during the May 17th Thursday Night Live festival at the 5/3 Bank Pavilion in downtown Lexington (http://www.downtownlex.com/thursday-night-live-concerts).
High Hope staff will also be on hand to sell tickets for High Hope day.
Proceeds from High Hope Steeplechase day will benefit Central Kentucky Riding for Hope, the Maker’s Mark Secretariat Center, the Kentucky Horse Park Foundation and, this year, Cardinal Hill Rehabilitation Hospital. To date, High Hope Steeplechase has helped raise over $1.5 million for worthy causes.
Track Side Parking ($25) Park on the top side of the steeplechase course beside the rail. Includes admission for everyone in the car and a program. Tailgating invited. Box ($125)A box for 8 people overlooking the finish to High Hope. Includes table and 8 chairs, admission and parking.Member's Pavilion ($75 single $125 couple) Buffet lunch, drinks & admission Preferred Tailgating ($225 - 250)Corporate Tent ($2000) 20' x 20' tent close to the finish line of High Hope - includes two 8' tables and 40 chairs. Admission for 40 people and preferred parking. Great way to entertain friends and clients.
For tickets, information or to volunteer please contact the High Hope Steeplechase office at (859) 967-9444; email at
Visit our Drive-through Wagering Booths on Friday and Saturday to Place Your Bets on the Kentucky Oaks and Kentucky Derby!
• Hours on Friday, May 4 will be 8 am til Oaks (post time approx. 5:45);
• Hours on Saturday, May 5 will be 8 a.m. til Derby (post time approx. 6:24);
• Fans can cash winning tickets from Friday, May 4 on Saturday, May 5 at the Horse Park, at Keeneland or at Red Mile;
• Fans can cash winning tickets from Saturday, May 5 beginning Sunday, May 6 at Keeneland; windows at Keeneland will open at approximately 12:30;
• Fans may cash at a later time when Keeneland is simulcasting (typically Wednesday through Sunday); Drive thru wagering opens at 8 a.m.; mutuel windows in the grandstand open general open about 30 minutes prior to the first post; they can check our website for days when simulcasting is open http://www.keeneland.com/simulcasts/lists/schedule/calendaralt.aspx or call the Keeneland switchboard at 800-456-3412;
• Fans can cash winning tickets up to 12 months from the time the wager was made;
• If you wish to mail your ticket in to Keeneland, here’s the procuedure:
Make a copy of the winning ticket for their own recordsMail the original via a traceable delivery service (UPS, Fed Ex,etc)Mail to:Keeneland AssociationAttn: Mutuels Dept.4201 Versailles RoadLexington, KY 40510General questions about the day may be sent to the Keeneland switchboard at 800-456-3412.General emails may be sent to