August 30 to October 14 The Kentucky Horse Park Campground will be closed to campers Monday, August 30 to Thursday, October 14, for the Groom’s Village and staff campers. The campground will reopen to travelers on Friday, October 15.
September 1 to 19 The park will be open from 9am to 5pm until Sunday, September 19, with reduced admission of only $10 for adults and $5 for kids 7-12 (children 6 and under admitted free of charge). All of the museums and grounds will be open, but the horse activities and number of horses will taper off prior to the move-in of WEG horses. Horseback riding ends on Labor Day, Monday, September 6.
September 6-19 There will be no charge for parking.
September 7 to October 20 By order of the State Veterinarian’s Office, dogs will not be permitted on park grounds from Tuesday, September 7 to Wednesday, October 20, while competition horses are expected to be at the park. Only working service animals will be permitted during this time, including the entire run of the Games. Therapy dogs and dogs in training for service will not be allowed. Depending upon the departure of horses after the Games, the State Veterinarian’s Office may allow dogs to return sooner than October 20. Please call ahead before bringing a dog to the park that week.
September 20 to 24 The park will be closed to visitors Monday, September 20 to Friday, September 24 for final Games move-in.
September 25 to October 10
- The park will be open ONLY with Games admission Saturday, September 25 to Sunday, October 10. All park museums and modified equine attractions will be open all day each day throughout the Games. The park’s contribution of 500 performances and demos, with 350 horses presented daily, in the five Equine Village venues will replace the normal Parade of Breeds and Hall of Champions shows.
- Pony rides will be available in the Equine Village Kids Zone, but Horse Drawn Tours and Horseback Riding will be suspended during the games.
- Competition or grounds pass tickets for the Games are available through Ticketmaster or at 888/WEG-2010.
- Admission tickets for the A Gift from the Desert exhibition are available in the Visitor Information Center and the International Museum of the Horse, or by calling 859/233-4303 or 800/678-8813. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for kids 7-12.
- Tickets for Unique Horse Farm Tours are available through the park’s Visitor Information Center at 859/233-4303 or 800/678-8813 or on-site in the building. Tickets for this farm tour company are sold exclusively through the Kentucky Horse Park, with three tours daily at 9:15am, 12:15pm and 3:15pm. Tickets are $40 for adults and $15 for kids 12 and under (not recommended for children under 4). These tours will pick up and drop off at Fasig-Tipton on Newtown Pike.
October 11 to 12 The park will be closed to visitors Monday, October 11, and Tuesday, October 12 for early Games move-out.
October 13 to 15 The park will reopen to the public on Wednesday, October 13, from 9am to 5pm each day. Friday, October 15 will be the last day the A Gift from the Desert exhibition will be open. Reduced admission of $10 for adults and $5 for kids 7-12 will also be available at this time.
October 16 to 31 After the close of the A Gift from the Desert exhibition, the park will return to its normal operating schedule of seven days per week, from 9am to 5pm daily, and regular rates.
For additional information, please call 859/233-4303 or 800/678-8813.