Kentucky Horse Park
November 21 – December 31, 2014
Over twenty years ago, the Kentucky Horse Park Foundation presented the first ever driving tour of holiday lights, aimed at attracting the local community. Today Southern Lights has evolved to attract over 120,000 visitors each year from across Kentucky and surrounding states and is regularly chosen as a Top 20 Event in the Southeast by the Southeast Tourism Society.
What to Expect at Southern Lights
Given record turnouts during recent weekends, we suggest you consider a weeknight - the lines are shorter and the ticket price is lower. Same great attractions! Another tip, arrive as close as possible to opening time (5:30 pm), the lines will be shorter and you will have more time to visit our indoor attractions!
Boasting over four miles of lights, Southern Lights continues to grow and improve each year, adding additional holiday displays along the driven route and expanding its indoor attractions.
After driving through the lights, guests are invited to park and enjoy the attractions in the Park’s interior, which are designed to entertain every member of the family-from local crafts, model trains and mini train rides, visits with Santa, to the ever popular exotic petting zoo. Indoor attractions are open every night except November 27 and December 24-31.
Please note that while the main part of the International Museum of the Horse will be closed during Southern Lights, select rooms (Carriage Room, Calumet Trophies, Lexington Exhibit) will be open.
The 2014 Southern Lights are presented by Toyota Motor Manufacturing of Kentucky. Thanks to TMMK and all of our 2014 sponsors for making this event possible. For more information about the Lights call 859-255-5727.
How to Get Here
Please note that you must access Southern Lights ONLY from Iron Works Parkway through the Campground Entrance. For GPS, please use 3785 Campground Road Lexington, KY 40511. LISLE ROAD IS NOT AN ENTRANCE TO THE KENTUCKY HORSE PARK.
Nov. 21 - Dec. 31 (Indoor activities closed Thanksgiving and Dec. 24-31)
5:30 p.m.-10:00 p.m.
Campground Entrance of the Kentucky Horse Park (3785 Campground Road, Lexington, KY 40511)
- Sunday-Thursday: $15.00 per car (up to 7 people)
- Friday and Saturday: $20.00 per car (up to 7 people)
- Extended Van: $30 (up to 15 people)
- Mini Bus: $50 (up to 25 people)
- School Bus: $75
- Motor Coach: $125
Scheduled Specialty Nights and Weekends During Southern Lights 2014
- November 21-22 - Miniature Crafts Weekend - “Make and take” dollhouse furniture craft in the museum lobby (while supplies last)
- November 27 - Thirsty Thursdays - Admission gate will pass out free Pepsi products (while supplies last)
- November 28-29 - Breyer Weekend - Free Breyer giveaways at the admission gate on Friday and Saturday night to the first 50 children through the gate and children get to paint their own Breyer horse in the museum lobby (while supplies last)
- December 3 - Toyota Night - Toyota will have a display car and giveaways in front of restaurant and Toyota employees will be at the admission gate giving away free tickets (while supplies last)
- December 4 - Thirsty Thursdays - Admission gate will pass out free Pepsi products (while supplies last)
- December 5-6 - Spirit of the Horse Christmas Holiday Extravaganza - Live performance in Alltech Arena – guests must purchase individual tickets at an additional charge in advance at www.kybdressage.com/tickets or at ticket windows (please allow extra time for traffic at Southern Lights)
- December 11 - Thirsty Thursdays - Admission gate will pass out free Pepsi products (while supplies last)
- December 12-13 - Frosty Family Fun Weekend - Bounce house at the restaurant and face painting and balloons in the museum lobby (while supplies last)
- December 18 - Military Night - All active duty and veteran military that show proper military ID will receive free admission for one personal vehicle
Shining Star Presenting Sponsor
Ribbons and Bows Sponsors
Chris Nentwick, Kentucky Horse Park Foundation
859-255-5727 (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
859-259-4200 (5:30 p.m. – 10 p.m.)